Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Update to the Rescue Tape Product Review

Like Beth, I was quite fascinated with this tape as well. With my never-ending slew of half-finished projects and the universe’s insistence that every time I try to do something that should take 5 minutes, stuff’s gonna happen to make it take an hour, I foresaw a lot of use for this tape. Let’s take washing a car, for example. This is a simple exercise that has the added benefit of providing instant gratification. I swear my car runs better when it’s clean. Anyway, I pull out my car wash stuff, wash mitt, glass cleaner, etc., move my car into position, unroll the hose and turn on the water. Guess what happened – I had enough dancing water to give the Bellagio a run for its money.


My reality is that for me to carve out the time to wash my car is a one shot opportunity. Hopping in the wash-me billboard to go buy another hose was just not an option if I really expected to get this task done. What to do….ahhh… Rescue Tape! Now, I was on the phone with Beth a bit when she was trying to tame her recalcitrant ice maker hose, so I was prepared for the whole stretching thing. I have to say, I stretched first and then wrapped the stretched tape around the offending areas of the wet hose. This worked fairly well for me, although it did take a couple of lengths of tape before I was able to do it without getting the tape stuck on itself. They aren’t kidding, once that stuff sticks to itself-it’s not coming off.

Anyway, once I got the tape wrapped around each of the holes, I was ready to rock. Each mend got a bubble under pressure, but none of them ever popped. That hose is still working to this day, and I fixed it 6 months ago (Beth’s icemaker hose is still holding too). I’m telling you, this stuff works, and it works for a good long time. I’m curious to see if the hose makes it through this season-more likely, when I finally go to wash my car with whatever hose happens to be out there, I’ll be looking for the Rescue Tape again.


Rescue Tape is one of those things that just needs to be in the ole whatnot drawer. You may not use it often, but when you need it, you want to already have it. I’m giving this stuff 5 Fingernails – even with the whole stretching thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment