Friday, October 23, 2009

I Actually Killed a Pair of Gardening Gloves

We've been in our house for almost 20 years, and during that time, I've always wanted to have nice landscaping.  A total aversion to bugs, a lack of any horticultural knowledge, and an extremely hectic work life (not to mention household duties) led to very half-hearted efforts - and boy it showed.  I think our flower beds looked good for about a month a year (right around our big annual pig roast).

In my early gardening ignorance, I never really paid much attention to the gear, you know, gardening gloves, clogs, etc.  I figured one pair of gloves is pretty much like another and I really didn't get the whole gardening clog thing.  After spending a great deal of time on this project since March, I can honestly say I GET IT!  I don't know how many times I've wished I had a pair of garden clogs (they are on my Christmas list).  As to the gloves..I can't remember where the ones I have came from.  I was out today performing the last weeding of the most recent bed.  As a result, I'm now on a mission to find the best gardening gloves available.

I put mine on and found them to be stiff and crumbling on the inside.  Not a great feel, let me tell ya.  In addtion, there was a big ole hole in the pointer finger of the right glove.  I realize that I've worked them pretty hard this year - but I'm sorry, when I let go of my money on something, I'm looking to get more than a season out of whatever it is.  I'm on a mission now and taking all suggestions.

No comments:

Post a Comment